Subscriber Services
Weather

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

More on Joe Toledo

I'm off today folks, but because I told you I don't know that much about Joe Toledo in my previous blog post, I figured I would let you read Joe Toledo's comments and let you get to know him a tiny bit better.

(On if he knew the Dolphins were interested in him) – “Yeah, I went down there a few weeks ago and had a really good meeting with Coach (Hudson) Houck and Coach Saban. I’m just extremely excited to get down there and get to work.”

(On whether he sees himself as a tackle or guard) – “I can play either. I played tight end in college my first three years and they moved me over to tackle last year. I can learn anything. I can learn offensive guard, I’m flexible either way.”

(On why he moved to tackle) – “We had a new coaching staff come in with Coach (Tyrone) Willingham coming in and we had a tackle my junior year Kalief Barnes, who is now with Jacksonville, played that tackle spot. Coach Willingham came in and said it would probably be best for me to pursue my NFL career and to help the team if I moved to tackle. So I made the switch.”

(On how difficult it was to play with a high ankle sprain last year) – “It wasn’t too bad. I think it limited my mobility, but I was able to play through the pain. I played all right with it. But I didn’t play up to my full potential at that time.”

(On how much upside potential does he think he has) – “With Coach Houck there and Coach Saban, I know Coach Houck is one of the best offensive line coaches in the business. You know with his tutelage, I’m definitely going to come in there and be receptive to whatever he has to say, so I think I have a tremendous amount of upside.”

(On what weight would the Dolphins like him to play at) – “I haven’t discussed that with them at this time, but I can do either. I played tight end at 285 and I balked up a little bit. I can lose weight, I can gain weight, and I can stay where I’m at. I’m receptive to whatever they want me to do. My mom is a dietician; I got in there with her. My bench press went up 100lbs. I worked really hard. I’m not carrying a lot of bad weight. I can tell you that much. At tight end I was watching what I ate all the time and not able to eat three square meals a day and get all that good nutrition. Last year I was able to do that and fill myself out. I was able to eat the way I wanted to.”

(On moving all the way from Washington) – “I think it will be positive. I’m with my family now in California and I’m originally from Nebraska. I’m open to it and I know Miami is a beautiful place and they had a great year last year and I’m excited to come in and contribute.”

(On whom his agent is) – “Bruce Tollner.”

(On what he brings to the table as a player) – “I’m an aggressive player; I like to get after it. I’m a smart guy. I made the transition from tight end to offensive tackle in spring ball and in fall camp. I think I will be able to come in and learn things right off the bat and play hard and work as hard as I can.”

Thanks to Michael Pehanich and the Dolphins media relations staff for transcribing the interview.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the insight on John Belushi Jr (google image search him and you'll see what I mean)... Meanwhile, I just read where Ron Mexico Jr is coming to camp this weekend. Yes, sadly, it's true...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2430107

1:55 PM  
Blogger The Dude said...

New Mexico is coming to camp??? Oh man that's nuts.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon Armando, you can do better than this.... I´ve read this interview last sunday...don´t be so lazy dude!

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New Mexico is a scrub. He won't get an offer from the Dolphins, nor should he. The only reason anyone cares about him is because of who is brother is.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i liked the interview. i hope he does well.

as for marcus vick. i hope he does well with the fish. if he does well and it benefits the fish than thats all good. he's got talent, hopefully the leaders on that team can health set a good example for him on how to be on and off the field.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any one have an idea where the Dolphins stand right now salary cap wise. And also, any sort of idea how they'll be after signing the draft picks.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Armando Salguero said...

Hey, John, when was the last time you worked on your day off? I showed some effort -- granted not my best, but some -- and you call me lazy as a thank you?

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home